Estimated Reading Time: <1
A communique issued at the end of the inaugural meeting of the group in Kaduna, said it was fully committed to supporting the president based on the success of the administration’s transformation agenda
The communique signed by Amb. Yusuf Mamman, stated that the group “pledges its full support and commitment to work for the success of President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Namadi sambo”.
It said that Nigeria had recorded tremendous success under the present administration, and pledged to work with other Nigerians to thwart the activities of “anti democratic forces”.
On National Conference, the NEC supported the initiative, saying it would help to strengthen the bond of unity among Nigerians.
The council noted with concern, the raging insurgency in some parts of the North -East and pledged to mobilise the people to bring about peace to the area.
They commended President Jonathan’s transformation agenda, especially the setting up the Almajiri schools, support for girl childhood education and development of the power sector.
- Propsed bill to require operators of lottery, pools, betting companies to pay N20 million license fee in Lagos
- Federal Government to deduct illegal mining fees from states’ allocations
- NiMET management appeal staff to shelve planned strike
- Victor Ejechi: Nigeria added 7,999 PhD holders to the unemployment market in 21 months
- Traders told me the story about northern governor leading Boko Haram says Mailafia
- Rights group writes US, Buhari, Ganduje, condemns religious policing in Nigeria
- NJC releases list of nominees for Supreme Court appointments
- Resume or be sacked, Ebonyi government threatens striking workers
- DSS to clamp down on notable personalities and groups who incite a breakdown of law and order
- Ogun State Government suspends lockdown