Estimated Reading Time: <1
A communique issued at the end of the inaugural meeting of the group in Kaduna, said it was fully committed to supporting the president based on the success of the administration’s transformation agenda
The communique signed by Amb. Yusuf Mamman, stated that the group “pledges its full support and commitment to work for the success of President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Namadi sambo”.
It said that Nigeria had recorded tremendous success under the present administration, and pledged to work with other Nigerians to thwart the activities of “anti democratic forces”.
On National Conference, the NEC supported the initiative, saying it would help to strengthen the bond of unity among Nigerians.
The council noted with concern, the raging insurgency in some parts of the North -East and pledged to mobilise the people to bring about peace to the area.
They commended President Jonathan’s transformation agenda, especially the setting up the Almajiri schools, support for girl childhood education and development of the power sector.
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April
- Lagos State Government restricts trucks, articulated vehicles movement to 9pm-6am daily
- Tinubu is afraid to speak on herdsmen crisis because of his presidential ambition says Afenifere Chieftain, Adebanjo
- FEC meeting: Cabinet members observe a minute silence in honour of late ministers
- COVID-19: Yabatech shuts down hostel and medical centre after college director dies
- Nigerian education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- MURIC: Yoruba’s must Unite to gain power in 2023