Estimated Reading Time: <1
Buckingham Palace officials have announced that 87 years old, Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh are to visit Rome later this year for a meeting with Pope Francis.
The royal couple will also have a private lunch with Italian president Giorgio Napolitano.
The one-day trip in April was originally planned for last year but was postponed when the Queen Elizabeth fell ill.
The 87-year-old Queen, who is head of the Church of the England, has been cutting off trips recently and is gradually handing over some of her responsibilities to her son and the future king, Prince Charles.
- Bandits attack military camp in Niger State
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna