Estimated Reading Time: <1
Swansea have fired manager Michael Laudrup – less than a year after he won the first major trophy in their history and just days before the derby against bitter rivals Cardiff.
The Swans won last season’s Capital One Cup under the Dane and are competing in the Europa League as a result, but they are just two points above the Premier League relegation places after winning just once in 10 matches.
Veteran defender and former captain Garry Monk will take over as head coach, alongside current first-team coach Alan Curtis, ”for the foreseeable future”.
Credit Mirror More to follow…
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April
- Lagos State Government restricts trucks, articulated vehicles movement to 9pm-6am daily
- Tinubu is afraid to speak on herdsmen crisis because of his presidential ambition says Afenifere Chieftain, Adebanjo
- FEC meeting: Cabinet members observe a minute silence in honour of late ministers
- COVID-19: Yabatech shuts down hostel and medical centre after college director dies
- Nigerian education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- MURIC: Yoruba’s must Unite to gain power in 2023