Estimated Reading Time: <1
Swansea have fired manager Michael Laudrup – less than a year after he won the first major trophy in their history and just days before the derby against bitter rivals Cardiff.
The Swans won last season’s Capital One Cup under the Dane and are competing in the Europa League as a result, but they are just two points above the Premier League relegation places after winning just once in 10 matches.
Veteran defender and former captain Garry Monk will take over as head coach, alongside current first-team coach Alan Curtis, ”for the foreseeable future”.
Credit Mirror More to follow…
- “Acute corruption, indebtedness and nepotism” – The PDP says of Buhari’s ‘regime’ in 5 years
- Donald Trump, the African strongman in America
- NITDA to implement digital economy policy, strategy plan
- Court strikes out charges against Senator Adeleke, over exam malpractice
- Ya’u Usman Idris appointed as DG of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Hadiza El-Rufai: When emotional intelligence is social distancing
- Human rights commission calls for action in addressing Almajiri children
- May 29: Buhari lists achievements over the last five years; here’s the full account
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation