Estimated Reading Time: <1
Posters of Imo state Governor Rochas Okorocha indicating he is set to vie for the Presidency in 2015 have flooded the capital city of Imo state, Owerri.
Vanguard reports that aside Okorocha’s photograph, the posters equally included his presidential ambition for the February 14, 2015, presidential poll.
As at the time of publishing this report, no campaign organization or agency had claimed responsibility for the flooding of posters in the state.
The Governor’s Senior Special Assistant, SSA, on Media, Mr.Samuel Onwuemeodo when contacted by Vanguard confirmed that Okorocha was interested in running for the presidency but has not declared his intentions openly.
“It is not a secret that Governor Rochas Okorocha is interested in running for the presidency. It is however true that he has not openly declared this intention to run for the top national job in next year’s general election”
The SSA also stated that the Governor has not commissioned anybody or group to print and paste the posters on his behalf
“The Governor has not commissioned anybody or group to act its campaign outfit. I however know that a lo of people have been clamouring for this and meetings have been going on in many states of the federation over this matter”, the SSA said.
Okorocha had taken a swipe at the President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo for decreeing that no Igbo man should vie for the presidency against President Goodluck Jonathan.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami