Estimated Reading Time: <1
Posters of Imo state Governor Rochas Okorocha indicating he is set to vie for the Presidency in 2015 have flooded the capital city of Imo state, Owerri.
Vanguard reports that aside Okorocha’s photograph, the posters equally included his presidential ambition for the February 14, 2015, presidential poll.
As at the time of publishing this report, no campaign organization or agency had claimed responsibility for the flooding of posters in the state.
The Governor’s Senior Special Assistant, SSA, on Media, Mr.Samuel Onwuemeodo when contacted by Vanguard confirmed that Okorocha was interested in running for the presidency but has not declared his intentions openly.
“It is not a secret that Governor Rochas Okorocha is interested in running for the presidency. It is however true that he has not openly declared this intention to run for the top national job in next year’s general election”
The SSA also stated that the Governor has not commissioned anybody or group to print and paste the posters on his behalf
“The Governor has not commissioned anybody or group to act its campaign outfit. I however know that a lo of people have been clamouring for this and meetings have been going on in many states of the federation over this matter”, the SSA said.
Okorocha had taken a swipe at the President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo for decreeing that no Igbo man should vie for the presidency against President Goodluck Jonathan.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help