Estimated Reading Time: <1
The ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) are confident that former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar will return to their fold after his sojourn with the All Progressives Congress (APC). The former VP had defected to the ruling just recently.
The Deputy National chairman of the PDP, Chief Uche Secondus disclosed this on Tuesday in Abuja. He was speaking at the opening ceremony of a consultative workshop for Women in the Media, organised by the National Woman leader of the PDP, Kema Chikwe at the National Secretariat of the party in Abuja.
“I can tell you that they will go and come back and we are waiting for Atiku to go on this voyage and come back. He has done it before, this is not the first time and we will welcome him back when he comes because APC cannot win election, they are not firmly rooted,’’
This was a reference to Atiku’s exit from the PDP before the 2007 elections and his return to the PDP in 2009 after losing out in the Presidential election.
“The good thing is that the PDP is so consistent and constant that when they leave, they go on a voyage and they come back and we receive them,” he said.
Mr Secondus informed the audience that he believed the PDP will win the 2015 elections based on statisitics
“Our party is the strongest, others are struggling. APC is just starting registration, something we did 13 years ago. It just started and cannot meet us. What APC is doing is party gymnastic,” he said.
He commended Mrs. Chikwe for organising the workshop just as he asked women to vie for any political position in the land.
The National Woman leader, earlier in her welcome address, urged the women to continue to mobilise support for the party in the run up to the 2015 elections.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’