Estimated Reading Time: <1
The ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) are confident that former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar will return to their fold after his sojourn with the All Progressives Congress (APC). The former VP had defected to the ruling just recently.
The Deputy National chairman of the PDP, Chief Uche Secondus disclosed this on Tuesday in Abuja. He was speaking at the opening ceremony of a consultative workshop for Women in the Media, organised by the National Woman leader of the PDP, Kema Chikwe at the National Secretariat of the party in Abuja.
“I can tell you that they will go and come back and we are waiting for Atiku to go on this voyage and come back. He has done it before, this is not the first time and we will welcome him back when he comes because APC cannot win election, they are not firmly rooted,’’
This was a reference to Atiku’s exit from the PDP before the 2007 elections and his return to the PDP in 2009 after losing out in the Presidential election.
“The good thing is that the PDP is so consistent and constant that when they leave, they go on a voyage and they come back and we receive them,” he said.
Mr Secondus informed the audience that he believed the PDP will win the 2015 elections based on statisitics
“Our party is the strongest, others are struggling. APC is just starting registration, something we did 13 years ago. It just started and cannot meet us. What APC is doing is party gymnastic,” he said.
He commended Mrs. Chikwe for organising the workshop just as he asked women to vie for any political position in the land.
The National Woman leader, earlier in her welcome address, urged the women to continue to mobilise support for the party in the run up to the 2015 elections.
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health