Estimated Reading Time: <1
All Progressives Congress (APC), Nasarawa Chapter announced the suspension of the state’s Deputy Governor, Damishi Luka-Barau from the party on Monday.
The Interim state chairman of the party, Standly Buba attributed the suspension of the Deputy Governor to a recent interview the latter granted press men in Abuja.
Luka-Barau had in the interview faulted the directive of APC National Executive members asking their National Assembly members not to sign any bill sent by the President until the Rivers state crisis is resolved.
“Why is he, as a member of the party, going against the decision of the national leadership of the same party that brought him to power,” Buba asked rhetorically.
Buba revealed that the decision to suspend Barau was born from the party’s supporters in his Ningo ward, Akwanga Local Government Area of the state where the Deputy Governor hails from
The interim Chairman also stated that APC will investigate Barau’s comment through a committee which will be setup for that reason and if he is indicted, he will be expelled from the party
“If the outcome of the committee indicts Luka-Barau, we will not have any other option other than to expel him from the party”, he said.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability