Estimated Reading Time: <1
Twenty-six members of the Kano State House of Assembly on Monday defected from PDP to All Progressives Congress.
The Speaker of the House, Alhaji Gambo Sallau, was absent during the sitting and was presided over by his Deputy, Alhaji Isyaku Danja, who announced the defection.
Alhaji Abdul Abdulhamid, representing Minjibir constituency, said their defection was made after wide consultations with stakeholders at their various constituencies.
“The defection of the 26 lawmakers to the APC gives the party a majority of 33 out of 40 seats,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that three other members representing Kano Municipal, Takai and Kibiya were also absent at the sitting.
- ‘Gimba Yau Kumo, wanted by the ICPC, is no longer Buhari’s son in-law’ – Presidency says
- #DavidoAt10: ‘Being true hearted goes a long way – Davido says
- Bayelsa government imposes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- ‘We had sex, Ini Umoren attacked me, I killed her in self defense’ – Uduak Akpan claims
- Gbajabiamila did not oppose Southern Governors’ calls for restructuring – Rep
- President Buhari promises to ‘support and help Chad stabilize’
- ‘Stop fortifying criminals’ – Police warn native doctors in Ebonyi
- Buhari meets Chad’s interim President in Abuja
- JAMB may postpone UTME 2021 exams
- Aisha Yesufu vows to disregard NIN-SIM linking exercise in protest