Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chris Giwa is of the belief that President Goodluck Jonathan deserves another term in Office. The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) Plateau state chairman said his party intends to throw in support and adopt President Jonathan as their Presidential candidate in the forthcoming 2015 elections.
He was speaking to journalists on Sunday at his Kuru residence in Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau talks after talks with the party’s Local Government election candidates in the state
“I am saying this without fear of contradiction, APGA as a party is in full support of President Jonathan to re-contest the forthcoming 2015 general elections. Mr. President has done well; at the moment APGA has no intention to feature any presidential candidate for the 2015 elections to enable him continue,” he said.
He went on to state that those who wanted Jonathan out of office have nothing good to offer
“Up till now that I speak with you people, I have not seen any candidate among other political parties including PDP that will challenge Jonathan; most of the people kicking against him re-contesting election are pursing personal and selfish ambitions,” he said.
He also threw out the idea of zoning the Presidency to parts of the country
“If democracy must thrive and wax stronger in Nigeria, Nigerians must outgrow regional, ethnic and tribal politics.
“We should support someone who has good intention for this country, not those talking about regional rotation of presidency,” he stated.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan