Estimated Reading Time: <1
“Asari Dokubo is a thug. I don’t compare myself to him. I have never taken up arms against the state. I’m a normal human, law-abiding Nigerian. I don’t compare myself with thugs”.
These were the words of Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, National deputy Secretary of All Progressives Congress (APC) when Sahara TV asked him if the SSS had mentioned Dokubo’s remarks while interrogating him recently.
You are wondering which comments Dokubo made which was being referred to? Dokubo had said Nigeria will burn if Goodluck Jonathan was not re-elected in 2015.
El-Rufai was interrogated by the SSS for saying there would likely be an outbreak of violence if the 2015 elections were rigged and was surprised Dokubo was no judged by the same yardstick
“However Dokubo, a known supporter of President Goodluck Jonathan was never invited for making significantly more inciting remarks.” El-Rufai said.
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness
- Gombe discharges 153 Almajiris after two weeks quarantine
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption