Estimated Reading Time: <1
“Asari Dokubo is a thug. I don’t compare myself to him. I have never taken up arms against the state. I’m a normal human, law-abiding Nigerian. I don’t compare myself with thugs”.
These were the words of Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, National deputy Secretary of All Progressives Congress (APC) when Sahara TV asked him if the SSS had mentioned Dokubo’s remarks while interrogating him recently.
You are wondering which comments Dokubo made which was being referred to? Dokubo had said Nigeria will burn if Goodluck Jonathan was not re-elected in 2015.
El-Rufai was interrogated by the SSS for saying there would likely be an outbreak of violence if the 2015 elections were rigged and was surprised Dokubo was no judged by the same yardstick
“However Dokubo, a known supporter of President Goodluck Jonathan was never invited for making significantly more inciting remarks.” El-Rufai said.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report