Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria and Zimbabwe will this afternoon do battle as they play for Bronze in a third place encounter place at the ongoing Africa Nations Championships. Both teams were eliminated via penalty shootouts after playing goalless draws in their respective Semi-final encounters on Wednesday. Today’s match is billed for 4pm today.
Rabiu Ali and Ejike Uzoenyi are both in contention for the Golden boot having netted three times each in the competition.
Nigeria has several injury problems to contend with whereas Zimbabwe has a full squad available for selection. The warriors of Zimbabwe have conceded just one goal in normal time over their five matches so far. Their forwards have also scored just thrice
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’