Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Economic Commission of West African States (ECOWAS) has announced the appointment of a Nigerian, Dr Muhammad Bello, as Financial Controller of the 15-member regional body with effect from Feb. 1.
This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Khadi Saccoh, Commissioner of Administration and Finance, and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Abuja.
It stated that Bello’s success was in the interview for Statutory Appointees in Community Institutions and subsequent endorsement by the Council of Ministers at its Extraordinary Session held on Jan. 23.
The statement said that Bello was among the new Commissioners appointed into the expanded ECOWAS Commission, bringing the membership of the Commission’s management to 15.
It said that this was in line with the decision of regional Heads of State and Government.
Mr Kadre Ouedraogo, President of the Commission, said the new addition to the management staff was expected to reinforce the human resource capacity for the success of the Commission.
Bello holds a Bsc, Msc and Phd in Accounting and Finance, all from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria.
He is also an alumnus of the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, USA.
A Fellow of the Institute of Cost Management, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Nigeria and a member of various Accounting bodies in Nigeria.
His last job before the recent appointment was Dean of the Faculty of Social and Management Sciences at the Kaduna State University (KASU).
- APC was created by people who wanted to get power by all means – Mukhtari Shehu Shagari
- Buhari has done nothing other than make enemies for the herders – Miyetti Allah says in call for restructuring
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’