Estimated Reading Time: <1
PASSNOWNOW is Nigeria’s Prime Learning based social Community that employs contemporary solutions and innovation to teach, engage, entertain and empower Young people moving from Teenage into early adulthood. Using Television, Radio and the Internet as channels of delivery, PASSNOWNOW is a Technology driven Learning Hotspot for Nigerian Secondary School Students and School Leavers.
Africa’s first-ever Social Media Week in Lagos, a global event exploring the social, cultural and economic impacts of social media brought together political leaders, policy makers, tech professionals, brand managers, digital marketing specialists and social media enthusiasts in February 2013. As a result of the hard work and commitment of our Team, our Event was rated by Techloy.com, as one of the 10 must attend Events of the 2013 Social Media Week amidst over 100 Events that held.
Last year, our Event was part of the top of the range of the must attend events of the SMW
Details about our Event are as follows:
Date: Thursday Feb 20, 2014
Venue: Terra Kulture, Plot 1376, Tiamiyu Savage, Victoria Island Lagos Nigeria
To find out more about the Global Social Media Week, please visit http:// socialmediaweek.org/
The Panelists at this year’s Event will include:
1. Mr. Bambo Bashorun, Director of ICT and Co-coordinator of the Opon Imo Project, Osun State Government
2. Mr. Stanley Muoneke, Business Development Manager, Intel West Africa
3. Mrs. Folashade Adefisayo, Proprietress, Corona Secondary Schools
4. Mrs. Roseline Ilori, Country Manager, MTECH Communications
Moderator: Ms. Modupe Olateju, PHD – Founder/CEO, The Education Partnership Centre
The event will showcase ways through which technology is being used to empower and educate Nigerian secondary school students and teenagers in order to stimulate and enhance their learning experiences. Participants who will include students, teachers, tech enthusiasts and stakeholders from the Government and Private Sector will on hand to discuss, answer questions and offer solutions on the importance of technology in education in the 21st century, the benefits of E-Learning platforms and innovative education initiatives.
Student participants will have the opportunity to register for FREE on passnownow.com and start making use of the contents/resources available on the site, there and then.
This event is aimed at increasing students’ interest in studying, reduce exam failures in the long run and create lifelong learners.
PASSNOWNOW.com is Nigeria’s prime Learning based social Community that employs contemporary solutions and innovation to teach, engage, entertain and empower Young people growing from Teenage into early adulthood.
Creativity has been identified as a potential tool for progress and thus education should focus on developing the creative potential of students rather than “educating them out of their creativity” because Education that tolerates Ignorance is no Education at all.
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April