Estimated Reading Time: <1
In continuation of his nationwide consultation with elders of the party the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu on Friday held a closed-door meeting with former Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida.
The Chairman led a 15-man team, to the Minna residence of the former Military President at about 12.05pm and went into a closed-door meeting, which lasted till 1.05pm.
Babangida who declined to speak with journalists on the meeting said “I am not going to say a word. I am not talking,”.
Muazu said he was in Minna as part of his reconcilatory move and in continuation of his meeting with some elders of the party since he emerged as the chairman of the ruling party.
He said, “I am here in continuation of my visit to our elders and I had a fruitful meeting with the former President. It was a fruitful meeting.”
Mu’azu, while declining to give details of the meeting, said, “What we discussed is not meant for public consumption. All I can say is that we had a fruitful discussion”.
The party leadership also met with the Niger State governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu.
Members of the entourage included the PDP National Youth Leader, Alhaji Abdullahi Maibasera; former House of Reps Speaker Gali Na’aba and the state PDP acting chairman, Tanko Beji.
But the party chieftains were excused from the meeting to enable the two leaders to have a private session.
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19