Estimated Reading Time: <1
Eleven Senators of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, have Wednesday defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
The defection led by Chairman Senate Committee on Ecology and Environment, Dr. Bukola Saraki Sunday had said 17 senators of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP will this week defect to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
In an interview with journalists in Ilorin, Kwara State, Saraki stated that the concerned senators had already consulted with their senatorial districts and they had signed the letter and perfected all other strategies for their defection.
Saraki said, “We are going to formally defect. Before we started we were already 19 senators. Then Jigawa pulled out. We have about 17 senators that will defect from PDP to APC. The letter has been signed.”
It seems the number of those ready to defect reduced in the past days as those that have eventually left the ruling party in the senate are 10..
What will become of the PDP in the senate, only time will tell.
Full list of the defecting senators are as follows :
Senator Bukola Saraki-Kwara Central
Senator Umaru Dahiru-Sokoto South
Senator Magnus Ngei Abe -Rivers South-East
Senator Wilson Asinobi Ake-Rivers West
Sen. Bindawa Muhammed Jibrilla-Adamawa North
Sen. Mohammed Danjuma Goje-Gombe central
Sen. Aisha Jummai Alhassan-Taraba North
Sen. Mohammed Ali Ndume-Borno South
Senator Mohammed Shaba Lafiaji-Kwara North
Sen. Abdulahi Adamu-Nasarawa West
Senator Ibrahim Abdullahi Gobir-Sokoto East
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness
- Gombe discharges 153 Almajiris after two weeks quarantine
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention
- Breaking: Buhari writes National Assembly, wants a fresh $5.513bn loan
- Just In: Nigerian civil aviation releases new Post-COVID protocol for international flights resumption