Estimated Reading Time: <1
The State Security Service Tuesday morning released the former FCT minister, Malam Nasir El-Rufai after being detained Monday.
El-rufai was detained at its headquarters Monday in Abuja when he honoured the summons extended to him for making an inciting statement.
El-Rufai who had evaded arrest for three days, arrived at the SSS office around 9.20am accompanied by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State who drove him, and Senator Chris Ngige.
Other party chieftains, including the National Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Tijani Tumsah, were barred from entering the premises with him.
One of his wives and his lawyer were also part of the entourage that went with him to the Maitama office of the secret police.
Amaechi said he was mandated by the leadership of the APC to accompany the ex-minister.
More details to follow…
- ‘Gimba Yau Kumo, wanted by the ICPC, is no longer Buhari’s son in-law’ – Presidency says
- #DavidoAt10: ‘Being true hearted goes a long way – Davido says
- Bayelsa government imposes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- ‘We had sex, Ini Umoren attacked me, I killed her in self defense’ – Uduak Akpan claims
- Gbajabiamila did not oppose Southern Governors’ calls for restructuring – Rep
- President Buhari promises to ‘support and help Chad stabilize’
- ‘Stop fortifying criminals’ – Police warn native doctors in Ebonyi
- Buhari meets Chad’s interim President in Abuja
- JAMB may postpone UTME 2021 exams
- Aisha Yesufu vows to disregard NIN-SIM linking exercise in protest