Estimated Reading Time: <1
English Premier league side, Chelsea Football Club of England yesterday completed the signing of the ‘Egyptian Messi’, Mohamed Salah from Swiss side, FC Basel
Salah is a creative attacking midfielder who has in the past had a good goal scoring record against Chelsea; twice in the UEFA Champions League and once in the Europa League totaling three goals in four meetings.
Upon penning a deal with the Blues, Salah said:
I’m very happy to sign for Chelsea, such a big club in the world. I hope I can make the Chelsea supporters happy and have a good career at the club for many years to come.’
At just 21, Salah plays on either flank and could also play behind the striker in a central role. The Egyptian is believed to be a replacement for Juan Mata who completed a move to Manchester United from Chelsea on Saturday
A quick, inventive attacking-midfielder, Salah moves to Stamford Bridge having played against us twice for Basel in the group stages of this season’s Champions League, when he scored in both matches, as well as in last season’s Europa League, when he was also on target in the second leg of our semi-final.
The 21-year-old’s versatility ensures he is comfortable playing on either flank or occupying a more central role behind a striker.
Salah is therefore the first Egyptian ever to sign for Chelsea.
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”