Estimated Reading Time: <1
Chairman Senate Committee on Ecology and Environment, Dr. Bukola SarakiSunday said 17 senators of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP will this week defect to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
The newly appointed chairman of the ruling People’s Democratic Party,Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu had vowed to reconcile aggrieved members of the party that defected back to its fold but Saraki and 16 others have made up their minds.
With the election timetable made public by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC it seems the Senators that weren’t willing to defect following their resumption are prepared to do so in the coming week.
In an interview with journalists in Ilorin, Kwara State, Saraki stated that the concerned senators had already consulted with their senatorial districts and they had signed the letter and perfected all other strategies for their defection.
Saraki said, “We are going to formally defect. Before we started we were already 19 senators. Then Jigawa pulled out. We have about 17 senators that will defect from PDP to APC. The letter has been signed.”
“I have signed my own. Others have signed theirs. So it is not a matter of probability. It must be and not a matter of months or weeks but a matter of days,” he said.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English