Estimated Reading Time: <1
The World leader in connectivity, South Korea has made plans of a $1.5billion upgrade of their network capability to 5G by 2020 public knowledge
“We helped fuel national growth with 2G services in the 1990s, 3G in the 2000s and 4G around 2010,” the country’s science ministry said in a statement Wednesday. “Now it is time to take preemptive action to develop 5G.”
The proposed 5G-services is being tipped to be a thousand times faster than the existing technology. It is expected that a full-length movie will be downloaded within just a second with the proposed network upgrade
Some tests with the proposed 5G technology are being carried out in the United States and Japan.
South Korea is also planning to increase its share of the infrastructure equipment industry with this move. The development of features such as ultra-HD and hologram transmission are being prioritized .
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”