Estimated Reading Time: <1
The World leader in connectivity, South Korea has made plans of a $1.5billion upgrade of their network capability to 5G by 2020 public knowledge
“We helped fuel national growth with 2G services in the 1990s, 3G in the 2000s and 4G around 2010,” the country’s science ministry said in a statement Wednesday. “Now it is time to take preemptive action to develop 5G.”
The proposed 5G-services is being tipped to be a thousand times faster than the existing technology. It is expected that a full-length movie will be downloaded within just a second with the proposed network upgrade
Some tests with the proposed 5G technology are being carried out in the United States and Japan.
South Korea is also planning to increase its share of the infrastructure equipment industry with this move. The development of features such as ultra-HD and hologram transmission are being prioritized .
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April