Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt this morning struck out the suit instituted by the Rivers State Government against NCAA for the continued detention of their aircraft.
The Rivers State Government had sought the Court’s order to compel NCAA to release their aircraft. But Counsel to NCAA, Dr Alex Izinyon, SAN, objected to the competence of the entire action, praying the Court to dismiss the suit on grounds of want of jurisdiction.
The Rivers State Government however quickly filed a Notice of Discontinuance indicating their willingness to discontinue with the action.
The Court thereby struck out the case.
SA (Media) to Aviation Minister
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters