Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Dia Zamani
Too often, Lagos is seen as the city of hustle and bustle and as the dirty older sibling of the introverted Abuja, even though it has props that if present in some other city of the world, would pass for real tourist attractions.
Today however, we present to you ten of the lovely and/or eccentric sights of the metropolis that you should visit physically or notice next time. Forget the filters and just take in the beauty of these sights that would on a normal day, get no love from us.
1. Amazing: Makoko’s one-of-a-kind school on water.
2. Imposing: Great angle of Oriental Hotel, Lekki; great spot for Chinese food.
3. Refreshing: Yes, this is the insane Obalende, looking like a slice of paradise.
4. Awe-inspiring: The famous Fela junction in Yaba-Surulere axis.
5. Aww-inspiring: Little kids at the Makoko slum having the time of their lives.
6. Dazzling: Aerial view of the majestic City Hall, Lagos Island at night.
7. Striking: Lagos central mosque.
8. Hustling: Young Lagosians eke out a living washing car windscreens in traffic.
9.Matching: Line of yellow city cabs at Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS).
10. Welcoming: Trademark Lagos white cap chiefs at the entrance to the mega-city.
Appetizing: Suya; customized barbecue like no other.
CREDITS: @lookslikelagoson Instagram.
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State