Estimated Reading Time: <1
Manchester United legend, Gary Neville does not want the Red Devils to make a move for out-of-favour Chelsea midfielder, Juan Mata.
Manchester United are preparing a £37m for the little Spaniard bid but Neville believes Mata may not be the solution to the club’s problems.
Speaking to Daily Star, he said:
“That’s a lot of money, 37 million quid, but they need a signing.
“Does he fit with what I would call the typical philosophy of Manchester United? I would say no.
“The first question, I think, is where are you going to play? Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie are up top if they are fit so where are you going to play him? Are you going to play him off the left or off the right?
“We’ve seen Kagawa play off the left, we saw Kleberson play at times off the left, we’ve seen Veron at Manchester United move to the left because you can’t play central midfield.
“Maybe they have to change the philosophy and maybe that’s what David Moyes is thinking.
“Maybe he wants to play narrow wide players and maybe a three in midfield.
“They would have to change to accommodate Juan Mata in the way they normally play.”
He was however quick to add that Mata is no doubt very talented
“He’s obviously a fantastic football player, there’s no doubt about that, but one thing it does do, I suppose, is that David Moyes, Manchester United and Ed Woodward need to sign a big player.
“They need to make a noise and if they get him in it will attract potentially other players – and they need three or four players.
“What it could be is the start of something to lead to other things, but typically I wouldn’t say he fits.”
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April