Estimated Reading Time: <1
Manchester United legend, Gary Neville does not want the Red Devils to make a move for out-of-favour Chelsea midfielder, Juan Mata.
Manchester United are preparing a £37m for the little Spaniard bid but Neville believes Mata may not be the solution to the club’s problems.
Speaking to Daily Star, he said:
“That’s a lot of money, 37 million quid, but they need a signing.
“Does he fit with what I would call the typical philosophy of Manchester United? I would say no.
“The first question, I think, is where are you going to play? Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie are up top if they are fit so where are you going to play him? Are you going to play him off the left or off the right?
“We’ve seen Kagawa play off the left, we saw Kleberson play at times off the left, we’ve seen Veron at Manchester United move to the left because you can’t play central midfield.
“Maybe they have to change the philosophy and maybe that’s what David Moyes is thinking.
“Maybe he wants to play narrow wide players and maybe a three in midfield.
“They would have to change to accommodate Juan Mata in the way they normally play.”
He was however quick to add that Mata is no doubt very talented
“He’s obviously a fantastic football player, there’s no doubt about that, but one thing it does do, I suppose, is that David Moyes, Manchester United and Ed Woodward need to sign a big player.
“They need to make a noise and if they get him in it will attract potentially other players – and they need three or four players.
“What it could be is the start of something to lead to other things, but typically I wouldn’t say he fits.”
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”