Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the appointment of the immediate past National chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, as Chairman, Nigerian Railway Corporation.
In a statement by the Special Assistant (Media) to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sam Nwaobasi, the President also approved the appointment of Dr. Ghaji Ismaila Bello as Director-General, National Population Commission with effect from January 8th, 2014 .
Tukur, the former Chairman of the ruling People’s Democratic party was promised a higher task when President Jonathan announced his resignation before members of the National Working Committee of the party in Abuja.
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award
- Federal Government will pay salaries of private school teachers – NAPPS
- AGF Abubarkar Malami sues Sahara Reporters
- Just In: FG releases guidelines for schools’ resumption
- NMA wants Nigerians to avoid unnecessary visits or consultations to hospitals to minimise COVID-19 spread
- How Nigeria’s Federal Government, States, LGAs shared N7.8tr in 2019