Estimated Reading Time: <1
World-famous, Serena Williams has crashed out of the Australian Open which is ongoing. She crashed out against five-time champion, Ana Ivanovic.
The Serb came back from a set down to win 4-6 6-3 6-3 – her first ever victory over Williams in five trials.
Reports before the match claimed Williams had a back problem and the result proved so.
“I almost pulled out. I’m such a competitor, I probably should have,”
“I don’t want to blame anything. I feel like Ana deserves all the credit. I feel she played unbelievable today. I think she went for her shots.”
“It’s not anything that’s life threatening or anything. I feel like it will get better. I just need a couple days off. Unfortunately I don’t have that in a Grand Slam”, William said as she revealed she does not know the extent of the injury yet
26 years old Ivanovic will now face Canada’s Eugenie Bouchard in the last eight.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan