Estimated Reading Time: <1
World-famous, Serena Williams has crashed out of the Australian Open which is ongoing. She crashed out against five-time champion, Ana Ivanovic.
The Serb came back from a set down to win 4-6 6-3 6-3 – her first ever victory over Williams in five trials.
Reports before the match claimed Williams had a back problem and the result proved so.
“I almost pulled out. I’m such a competitor, I probably should have,”
“I don’t want to blame anything. I feel like Ana deserves all the credit. I feel she played unbelievable today. I think she went for her shots.”
“It’s not anything that’s life threatening or anything. I feel like it will get better. I just need a couple days off. Unfortunately I don’t have that in a Grand Slam”, William said as she revealed she does not know the extent of the injury yet
26 years old Ivanovic will now face Canada’s Eugenie Bouchard in the last eight.
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”