Estimated Reading Time: <1
World-famous, Serena Williams has crashed out of the Australian Open which is ongoing. She crashed out against five-time champion, Ana Ivanovic.
The Serb came back from a set down to win 4-6 6-3 6-3 – her first ever victory over Williams in five trials.
Reports before the match claimed Williams had a back problem and the result proved so.
“I almost pulled out. I’m such a competitor, I probably should have,”
“I don’t want to blame anything. I feel like Ana deserves all the credit. I feel she played unbelievable today. I think she went for her shots.”
“It’s not anything that’s life threatening or anything. I feel like it will get better. I just need a couple days off. Unfortunately I don’t have that in a Grand Slam”, William said as she revealed she does not know the extent of the injury yet
26 years old Ivanovic will now face Canada’s Eugenie Bouchard in the last eight.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer