Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian defender, Elderson Echiejile has put pen to paper for French Ligue 1 side, Monaco on a four-and-a-half year deal. The deal sees the 25 years old Nigerian return to France where he had previously spent three years playing for Rennes before joining Portuguese club, Sporting Braga.
Monaco FC is popular with Africans because legends like George Weah of Liberia and Victor Ikpeba of Nigeria had previously plied their trade for the French outfit with the latter even being crowned as the Prince Of Monaco.
Other Nigerians who have also represented the Ligue 1 side are: Lukman Haruna, Sani Kaita and Rabiu Afolabi
“I am very happy and proud – Monaco is one of the best clubs in Europe,”
“They have a great reputation in Africa since George Weah played here.”
“I’ll give the best of myself to succeed them as best as possible,” Echiejile told Monaco’s website.
Monaco is currently second in Ligue 1, five points behind leaders Paris St-Germain.
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions