Estimated Reading Time: <1
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the denial is contained in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information, Alhaji Danladi Bako, in Sokoto.
Wamakko had recently defected to the All Progressives Congress ( APC) from the PDP with his teeming supporters.
His Deputy, Alhaji Mukhtari Shagari, however, refused to defect to the APC.
Twenty seven out of 30 members of the State House of Assembly also defected to the APC, while three lawmakers restated their loyalty to PDP.
“The attention of the State Governor has been drawn to statements in one of the national dailies quoting the Governor of Niger as saying that the five governors that left PDP for APC are returning as soon as the PDP is restructured.
“Gov. Wamakko hereby restates categorically and undoubtedly that he, along with his teeming supporters, have no such plans.
“He repeats and restates his avowed commitment to the cause he has embarked on based on the unshaken belief that the APC is the platform on which social justice, equity, equality and good governance can be better achieved in this great country.”
The statement said Wamakko had restated that his decision to defect to the APC was taken with the “fear of Allah at heart and in response to the desires and wishes of the electorate that put him in office”.
Gov. Wamakko, the statement also said, advised Niger State Governor to desist from making statements on behalf of other Governors, adding that no such decision was taken at any time in the recent past.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents