Estimated Reading Time: <1
Recuperating Taraba state Governor, Mr Danbaba Suntai flew into the Nation’s capital, Abuja yesterday. He would be hoping to meet President Goodluck Jonathan and one-time Defence Minister, Theophilus Danjuma to wet the ground for his return to office
The Governor was flown into Abuja aboard a private jet which allegedly belongs to Danjuma. Rtd Gen Theophilus Danjuma is reported to be in support of the Governor’s return to office after recovering an air crash which left him incapacitated for about a year.
Reports have it that Suntai would be received by Danjuma, who would then present him to President Goodluck Jonathan so as to discuss his resumption of work that has been surrounded by controversy.
President Jonathan is currently on a trip overseas and will return at the weekend.
The Acting Governor of the State, Alhaji Garba Umar is said to be in Abuja also with the Speaker of the House of Assembly to meet with strategists of the President in a view to stalling Suntai’s resumption.
Majority of the Taraba House of Assembly believe Suntai is unfit to resume work.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami