Estimated Reading Time: <1
Recuperating Taraba state Governor, Mr Danbaba Suntai flew into the Nation’s capital, Abuja yesterday. He would be hoping to meet President Goodluck Jonathan and one-time Defence Minister, Theophilus Danjuma to wet the ground for his return to office
The Governor was flown into Abuja aboard a private jet which allegedly belongs to Danjuma. Rtd Gen Theophilus Danjuma is reported to be in support of the Governor’s return to office after recovering an air crash which left him incapacitated for about a year.
Reports have it that Suntai would be received by Danjuma, who would then present him to President Goodluck Jonathan so as to discuss his resumption of work that has been surrounded by controversy.
President Jonathan is currently on a trip overseas and will return at the weekend.
The Acting Governor of the State, Alhaji Garba Umar is said to be in Abuja also with the Speaker of the House of Assembly to meet with strategists of the President in a view to stalling Suntai’s resumption.
Majority of the Taraba House of Assembly believe Suntai is unfit to resume work.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’