Estimated Reading Time: <1
This is contained in a document analysing the 2014 budget on major focus of government to ensure good governance released by the Ministry of Finance.
“From 2014, all training for personnel of MDAs and Parastatals must now take place in Nigeria.
“Foreign training programmes will only be approved in exceptional cases and will be based on guidelines to be developed by the Head of Service and the Director –General of Budget Office.’’
It said that foreign travels by government personnel would further be curtailed, adding that the directive would apply to all ministries, departments and agencies of the Federal Government.
On pension system, it said that a Pension Transition Arrangement Department under a new director general had been setup in 2013.
According to the document, in 2014, this department will now ensure pensioners still under the old scheme receive their pensions and gratuities.
It said that effort to ensure effective payment system would be top priority of government.
“In 2014, three electronic platforms – the Treasury Single Account (TSA), the Government Integrated Financial Management Information system (GIFMIS) and the Integrated Payroll and personnel information System (IPPIS) – will be completed.’’
This, it said, was geared towards improving efficiency and transparency in the public finance.
It said that with the introduction of this payment system, the Federal Government had saved N126 billion.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’