Estimated Reading Time: <1
Reports from AFP agency has it that unknown gunmen had yesterday descended on a village in Plateau state in an attack which has leftabout 30 people dead and dozens of houses burnt.
The gunmen suspected to be Hausa-Fulani herdsmen had made away with cattle or killed the animals, witnesses told AFP news agency.
As estimated by locals and officials, the death toll from Monday morning’s attack on Shonong was put at about 30, including many women and children.
However the Special Military Task Force in the state say sixteen (16) people were killed.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer