Estimated Reading Time: <1
As the reality of 2014 dawns on us, maritime industry players are divided as regards the prospect’s of the nation’s economy in this new year.
Economic aficionados are of diverging opinions as regards Nigeria’s prospects in the new year. Some are of the opinion that the year will bring brighter fortunes for the nation. Others are of the opinion that the future lacks substantial prospects because of Government’s poor policies
According to Vanguard, the Executive Secretary and Chief Executive Officer, CEO, of the Nigerian Shippers’ Council, NSC, Hassan Bello believes the sector is bound to experience an increase in port operations as regards the general developments in the transport sector
In his words,
“Development of transport infrastructure, like the inland waterways which are complimented by the rail as well as the Truck Transit Park (TTP) is some of the infrastructures that will come on stream in 2014. Overall, the contribution of the transport sector to the Nigerian economy will be more tangible and noticeable in the 2014.
“Inland waterways is also a veritable medium of transport, we are likely going to see a multi-model transport in the New Year.”
The Chairman House Committee on Marine Transport, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, while speaking to Financial Vanguard revealed that the House will be looking into maritime bills before it currently and look into sector laws expected to reviewed, to create an enabling environment for the development for the industry.
On his part, the National President of the Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents, ANLCA, Prince Olayiwola Shittu has warned operators to get ready for a tough time because of recent of policies in the country.
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State