Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian midfielder, John Mikel Obi and Brazilian star, Oscar netted second-half goals for Chelsea against Derby County. The goals sent Chelsea through for a FA Cup fourth round tie at home to Stoke City.
A rare goal scorer, Mikel beautifully headed in the opener from Willian’s cross. Oscar consolidated by firing in a powerful shot minutes later
Mikel was also wearing the Captain’s armband for Chelsea when he scored. The initial captain of the game, Michael Essien had handed him the band when he was substituted for Eden Hazard.
What a day for the Nigerian!
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions