Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian midfielder, John Mikel Obi and Brazilian star, Oscar netted second-half goals for Chelsea against Derby County. The goals sent Chelsea through for a FA Cup fourth round tie at home to Stoke City.
A rare goal scorer, Mikel beautifully headed in the opener from Willian’s cross. Oscar consolidated by firing in a powerful shot minutes later
Mikel was also wearing the Captain’s armband for Chelsea when he scored. The initial captain of the game, Michael Essien had handed him the band when he was substituted for Eden Hazard.
What a day for the Nigerian!
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped
- 23 deaths and 1,479 new cases reported in one day as COVID-19 pandemic sweeps 25 Nigerian states