Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles have dropped injured Gambo Mohammed and Yinka Adedeji from the 2014 CHAN in South Africa.
MTNFootball.com report that both players have since left the Eagles training camp.
The highly-rated Pillars star Gambo, who featured for Nigeria at the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil, has been nursing a hamstring injury, which has kept him by the sidelines since the Eagles resumed training for CHAN earlier this month.
Adedeji also suffered a hamstring injury at the weekend.
Golden Eaglets goalkeeper Dele Alampasu is also set to be in South Africa as third-choice goalkeeper after FC Taraba goalkeeper Ibrahim Pius was axed, but his Eaglet teammate Taiwo Awoniyi did not make the final cut.
Also dropped was new Enyimba signing Mfom Udoh, who was a late call-up to the Eagles after his goals for Akwa United last season.
Nigeria open their 2014 CHAN campaign against Mali on January 11 in Cape Town.
The final squad:
Goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers), Daniel Akpeyi (Heartland), Dele Alampasu (Abuja Football College)
Defenders: Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars); Francis Benjamin (Heartland), Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves), Kunle Odunlami (Sunshine Stars), Ikechukwu Gabriel (Bayelsa United), Umar Zango (Kano Pillars), Bright Esieme (Enyimba), Erhun Obanor (Insurance FC)
Midfielders: Ugonna Uzochukwu (Enugu Rangers), Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars), Christian Pyagbara (Sharks), Ikenna Hilary (Sunshine Stars), Abdullahi Shehu (Kano Pillars), Joshua Obaje (Warri Wolves)
Forwards: Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers), Gbolahan Salami (Shooting Stars), Barnabas Imenger (Lobi Stars), Aliyu Ibrahim (Nasarawa United), Christian Obiozor (Enugu Rangers), Ifeanyi Ede (Enyimba)
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi