Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former US first lady Barbara Bush has been hospitalized in Houston, Texas, for treatment of a “respiratory-related issue,” a family spokesman said Tuesday.
Bush, 88, was admitted Monday at Methodist Hospital, spokesman Jim McGrath said in a written statement.
“She is in great spirits, has already received visits from her husband and family, and is receiving fantastic care,” the statement said. “Updates will be issued when warranted.”
CNN was first alerted to Bush’s hospitalization by tweets from affiliate KPRC.
Her husband, George H.W. Bush, was the 41st President of the United States. He also served as vice president for two terms under President Ronald Reagan.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami