Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former US first lady Barbara Bush has been hospitalized in Houston, Texas, for treatment of a “respiratory-related issue,” a family spokesman said Tuesday.
Bush, 88, was admitted Monday at Methodist Hospital, spokesman Jim McGrath said in a written statement.
“She is in great spirits, has already received visits from her husband and family, and is receiving fantastic care,” the statement said. “Updates will be issued when warranted.”
CNN was first alerted to Bush’s hospitalization by tweets from affiliate KPRC.
Her husband, George H.W. Bush, was the 41st President of the United States. He also served as vice president for two terms under President Ronald Reagan.
- Hadiza El-Rufai: When emotional intelligence is social distancing
- Human rights commission calls for action in addressing Almajiri children
- May 29: Buhari lists achievements over the last five years; here’s the full account
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation
- Katsina Governor, Masari, lifts ban on Juma’at and church services
- Confusion in Cross River as electoral commission issues 4 day notice for local govt election
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness