Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former US first lady Barbara Bush has been hospitalized in Houston, Texas, for treatment of a “respiratory-related issue,” a family spokesman said Tuesday.
Bush, 88, was admitted Monday at Methodist Hospital, spokesman Jim McGrath said in a written statement.
“She is in great spirits, has already received visits from her husband and family, and is receiving fantastic care,” the statement said. “Updates will be issued when warranted.”
CNN was first alerted to Bush’s hospitalization by tweets from affiliate KPRC.
Her husband, George H.W. Bush, was the 41st President of the United States. He also served as vice president for two terms under President Ronald Reagan.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help