Estimated Reading Time: <1
He made the remark while addressing newsmen shortly after a courtesy visit to the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, at his palace in Kano.
“I have not decided to venture into politics now and I have not been invited into that direction.’’
He said his recent visit to some states, particularly troubled areas across the country, was informed by his desire to ensure peace and unity.
“Many organisations and associations actually contacted me with invitations that took me there. I did it with a view to putting a helping hand.
“Right from 1984, I found it mandatory to help associations in support of peace and unity, and now that God has granted me freedom, I cannot say no.
“We have opened ground for reconciliation to many tribes and communities and we hope it will add colours towards achieving peace, unity and development in the country.
“To us, the background we have is that of a country solidly united, where hopes and confidence of the people are fully restored and anchored upon progress and development.
“We are looking for a country that is firmly rooted with the God’s given resources and given the direction and taking giant strides in Africa for development and progress,’’ he said.
He said he would continue to respond to such calls by organisations and associations provided they were meant to foster unity and peace in the country.
NAN reports that Al-Mustapha had also paid similar visits to some prominent personalities, including Islamic scholars.
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes