Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Sector Commander, Mr Olu Olagunju made this known on Monday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna.
He also said that four people were injured in the crashes.
“ These accidents all occurred from the 20 to 29 December, 2013 on various roads
“ By this time last year we had recorded 50 crashes with 36 deaths“, the commander explained further.
He attributed the crashes to high volume of traffic on road, excessive speeding and overloading.
“ The primary factors that led to road crashes are avoidable and can be managed by the drivers and passengers themselves “.
He said that a total of 142,000 passengers travelled through 48 motor parks monitored by the command across the state within the week.
“ We have records, so we advise passengers to board vehicles from motor parks instead of boarding buses from the road side “.
He said motorists should ensure that passengers give adequate information in their manifest before embarking on any journey.
Olagunju said this would assist in reaching out to family and friends of accident victims.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami