Estimated Reading Time: <1
This festive season, screen goddess, Mercy Johnson has sent her appreciation to her fans and colleagues.
In a press statement signed by her media representative, Big Timi, Mercy stated that her fans have been amazing.
“They stood by me and took on my fight. The critics played their parts too. I took the constructive ones, made adjustment and became a better person.” she said
Find the full statement below:
2013 has been an incredible year for me. I couldn’t ask for more. It is one year I won’t forget in a hurry.
My fans were amazing. They stood by me and took on my fight. The critics played their parts too. I took the constructive ones, made adjustment and became a better person.
How can I forget 2013, the year I had the honour of being the most searched Nollywood actress for the third consecutive year. I am most grateful to the fans who worked the keyboard or keypad reading about me online.
I am grateful to my team, the media and management company, Bigsam Media that became like sponge, wiping away the negative past and soaking in the future. I am most grateful.
Social media, Twitter most especially, played significant role in reaching out directly. The teaming fans on Twitter and other platforms, this is for you; thank you for loving, tolerating and being there for me.
Gentlemen of the press contributed in no small measure to my year, without you, no one will reckon with the brand, thank you.
My colleagues, directors, producers and marketers who made the job easier for me, I am most grateful. Without what you do on set, my best won’t manifest. Thanks.
To the companies all over Africa that did business with me, I owe you. Thanks for the confidence in my brand. 2014 will be better.
To those who buy or watch movies because of me, you have kept me at the top still in 2013. You are part of my success story. I am most grateful. God bless you.
And to the most wonderful man in the world, Prince Odi Okojie, if there were to be reincarnation, I will take the step of faith with you again. Odi, you are a good man, wonderful husband and loving daddy. I am blessed to be your wife and blessed will you continue to be among men.
In 2014, there will be new direction for the brand, keep your fingers crossed while God and my team work out the magic.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Mercy Johnson Okojie.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’