Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Russian cargo plane crashed into a military warehouse complex in Siberia on Thursday, killing all nine people all board, the emergencies ministry said.
The Antonov An-12 military transport plane, flying from the Siberian city of Novosibirsk with cargo on board, crashed into storage warehouses at a military unit near Irkutsk, another Siberian city.
“There were nine people on board, they all died,” the emergencies ministry said in a statement.
A defence ministry spokesman said the airplane destroyed the roofs of two buildings where auto parts were stored. No injuries were reported among the military personnel on the ground, he told Russian agencies.
The Interfax news agency reported that the plane had crashed into warehouses containing ammunition.
An emergencies ministry spokesman could not immediately confirm the report.
The plane belonged to an aircraft maker in Irkutsk.
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello
- “We need to de-link terrorism and crimes from ethnicity” – Presidency wants Ondo Governor to stop ultimatum given to herdsmen
- Gunmen kidnap Deeper Life varsity deputy VC in Nasarawa
- We support decision to shutdown churches that flout COVID-19 protocols – Oyo CAN
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu