Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Russian cargo plane crashed into a military warehouse complex in Siberia on Thursday, killing all nine people all board, the emergencies ministry said.
The Antonov An-12 military transport plane, flying from the Siberian city of Novosibirsk with cargo on board, crashed into storage warehouses at a military unit near Irkutsk, another Siberian city.
“There were nine people on board, they all died,” the emergencies ministry said in a statement.
A defence ministry spokesman said the airplane destroyed the roofs of two buildings where auto parts were stored. No injuries were reported among the military personnel on the ground, he told Russian agencies.
The Interfax news agency reported that the plane had crashed into warehouses containing ammunition.
An emergencies ministry spokesman could not immediately confirm the report.
The plane belonged to an aircraft maker in Irkutsk.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report