Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian Football Federation are to hire a fitness trainer for the World Cup in Brazil, officials have disclosed.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have therefore begun shopping for such a fitness trainer in time for Brazil 2014.
According to a top source at the NFF, the fitness trainer will work across board with all the national teams.
“We realised that one of the secrets that saw our U17 team through at the U17 World Cup in UAE was fitness,” a top official told MTNFootball.com
“And as such we want to ensure that all our national teams could play for 120 minutes without wearing out.
“You know in Brazil a lot of things would count and it would be survival of the fittest.
“We don’t have a time frame or a preferred nationality of this trainer, we just want the best for the national teams.”
None of the national teams in the country has a fitness trainer.
In the 90s, the Eagles drafted members of the armed forces to drill them into full fitness.
- Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki arrives APC National Secretariat
- Just In: Gunmen invaded Kaduna community, killing villagers in Kajuru Local Govt
- Toyin Ojora Saraki: Let me be clear, we are failing women and girls
- Borno Governor suspends all staff of General Hospital for negligence
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases