Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian Football Federation are to hire a fitness trainer for the World Cup in Brazil, officials have disclosed.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have therefore begun shopping for such a fitness trainer in time for Brazil 2014.
According to a top source at the NFF, the fitness trainer will work across board with all the national teams.
“We realised that one of the secrets that saw our U17 team through at the U17 World Cup in UAE was fitness,” a top official told MTNFootball.com
“And as such we want to ensure that all our national teams could play for 120 minutes without wearing out.
“You know in Brazil a lot of things would count and it would be survival of the fittest.
“We don’t have a time frame or a preferred nationality of this trainer, we just want the best for the national teams.”
None of the national teams in the country has a fitness trainer.
In the 90s, the Eagles drafted members of the armed forces to drill them into full fitness.
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children