Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian Football Federation are to hire a fitness trainer for the World Cup in Brazil, officials have disclosed.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have therefore begun shopping for such a fitness trainer in time for Brazil 2014.
According to a top source at the NFF, the fitness trainer will work across board with all the national teams.
“We realised that one of the secrets that saw our U17 team through at the U17 World Cup in UAE was fitness,” a top official told MTNFootball.com
“And as such we want to ensure that all our national teams could play for 120 minutes without wearing out.
“You know in Brazil a lot of things would count and it would be survival of the fittest.
“We don’t have a time frame or a preferred nationality of this trainer, we just want the best for the national teams.”
None of the national teams in the country has a fitness trainer.
In the 90s, the Eagles drafted members of the armed forces to drill them into full fitness.
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office