Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Tottenham Hotspur manager, Harry Redknapp, has publicly expressed his support for the new coach, Tim Sherwood and backed him to be a success at White Hart Lane.
Current Manager of English Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur, Tim Sherwood has received the backing of former Tottenham boss, Harry Redknapp. The former player and technical co-director, was appointed on a permanent deal until the end of the 2014/2015 season this week, after handling two games since Andre Villas-Boas’ sack.
Old Redknapp who had previously managed the North London club between 2008 and 2012 believes Tim has what it takes to do well. It is worthy of note that Redknapp brought Tim Sherwood to the London side as a backroom staff
“He’s got this season and next season so it’s great for him and it’s a big opportunity for Tim,”
“He knows the game, he’s a good coach, he’s his own man, he’ll do it his way and I’m sure he will do well there.
“He won’t bring players in he doesn’t want and he’ll pick the players he does want to play. No-one will influence him, he’s a strong character.
“I’m pleased that Tim has got that opportunity to go and do it at Tottenham – a young English manager getting an opportunity to manage at the top level is fantastic.
“Let’s hope he makes a great success of it and that more will follow in the future.
“He’s my surprise package of the year. I brought him back into football when he was out of the game, bringing him in to work with young players.
“He’s been excellent. He played with me at Portsmouth and he’s got a real good knowledge of the game – I wish him well.” Redknapp toldSky Sports News.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help