Estimated Reading Time: <1
The proposal for the new aircraft has been included in the proposed 2014 Appropriation Bill submitted to the National Assembly.
The budget proposal which was laid before the two chambers of the National Assembly last week by the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on behalf of President Goodluck Jonathan, has shown that N1.5 billion was proposed as deposit for the purchase of the new aircraft. The proposal was included in the budget of the Presidential Air Fleet under the Office of the National Security Adviser, NSA.
The presidential fleet also proposed about N747 million to cater for aircraft fuel cost during the year.
If the aircraft is purchased, it would be the 11th in the luxurious presidential fleet.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer