Estimated Reading Time: <1
The man in the face of the People’s Democratic Party Crisis doesn’t seem ready to back down, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur has said that President Jonathan will win northern votes in 2015.
“The electorate in the North will elect Jonathan. If you go to them, they will tell you ‘when those who are forming various parties were in power, what did they do for us?’”
Tukur a business man and a front-line politician from Adamawa State, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, has said the PDP crises were due to blind ambitions to stop Jonathan from re-election in 2015.
Tukur whose son was indicted to have stolen billions of money from the subsidy regime spoke to a delegation of PDP youths from 19 northern states led by Mr. Galadima Yahya when they paid him a solidarity visit at his Wuse 2 residence in Abuja.
The governors of the PDP are insisting on his removal as that will pave way for the lasting peace needed by the party but the chairman unperturbed says the crisis bothers on the road to the 2015 elections.
“The crises we are witnessing in PDP are about 2015. The promoters are members who wanted to be President at all costs; they are those who wanted to be Vice President at all costs and those who wanted to seek re-election as governors.”
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions