Estimated Reading Time: <1
An illegal methamphetamine laboratory has been discovered by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)in Lagos.
The agency’s spokesman, Mr Mitchell Ofoyeju, disclosed in a statement in Lagos that the laboratory was discovered on Thursday at Shapeti, off the Lekki-Epe Expressway.
According to him, the laboratory was the sixth of such illegal methamphetamine production factories uncovered in the last two years in Lagos.
“This development is highly injurious to public health and safety.
“The lab is located at Rock of Ages Crèche Nursery and Primary School and the Regal Gems International School.
“The building used for the illegal production has been sealed by the NDLEA.
“Methamphetamine weighing 31.7kg was also recovered from the laboratory.
“A Nissan Xterra Jeep belonging to the suspect was impounded, along with documentary and material evidence.
“A 38-year-old man with dual nationality of Nigeria and South Africa (names withheld), has been arrested in connection with the laboratory.
“The owner of a transport company in South Africa is currently being investigated by the Agency over the incident,” the statement said. [NAN]
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”