Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side, Kwara United have retained 18 among the 35 players that campaigned for the Afonja Warriors last term.
The club’s spokesman, Olayinka Owolewa revealed to supersport.com that Kwara United would recruit 12 new players before the commencement of their campaign next season in the National League.
Owolewa also stressed on Friday that the Ilorin-based club have placed seven players in the transfer market which includes Azeez Ikhana, Vincent Ogar, Mayegun Taiwo, Awwalu Aminu, Obiorah Christopher, Ahmed Adebusoyi and Adekunle Muritala.
Owolewa then hinted that some of the players that have left the Afonja Warriors are yet to be cleared by their interested clubs.
“Overhauling is current going on and we have placed seven of our players on transfer in which only 12 new players would be signed,” Owolewa said to supersport.com on Friday
Kwara United who were relegated on the last day of the outgone season will proceed on break this Friday and will resume on January 3, 2014 where they are expected to move to a closed camp on yet to be named place.
United will start their campaign next season in the Nigeria National League (NNL) with a trip to Nigeria Prison FC in Abuja on January 25.
- President Buhari says “we need a corruption-free public sector to achieve transformation”
- Amaechi left a legacy of white elephant projects says Governor Wike
- N2.67 billion school feeding funds have been diverted to private accounts; ICPC reveals
- President Buhari writes to President Xi Jinping of China
- Court awards N50 million against Senator Abbo for assault
- Nigeria’s vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has said Nigeria may break up if efforts are not made to address the cracks
- Former Delta State Governor Uduaghan returns to PDP
- COVID-19: Lagos government launches N5 billion support capital for private schools
- Proposed PIB scraps NNPC, PPPRA in new bill submitted to the National Assembly
- Alwan Hassan: An Open Letter to the Leaders and the Young People of the APC