Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side, Kwara United have retained 18 among the 35 players that campaigned for the Afonja Warriors last term.
The club’s spokesman, Olayinka Owolewa revealed to supersport.com that Kwara United would recruit 12 new players before the commencement of their campaign next season in the National League.
Owolewa also stressed on Friday that the Ilorin-based club have placed seven players in the transfer market which includes Azeez Ikhana, Vincent Ogar, Mayegun Taiwo, Awwalu Aminu, Obiorah Christopher, Ahmed Adebusoyi and Adekunle Muritala.
Owolewa then hinted that some of the players that have left the Afonja Warriors are yet to be cleared by their interested clubs.
“Overhauling is current going on and we have placed seven of our players on transfer in which only 12 new players would be signed,” Owolewa said to supersport.com on Friday
Kwara United who were relegated on the last day of the outgone season will proceed on break this Friday and will resume on January 3, 2014 where they are expected to move to a closed camp on yet to be named place.
United will start their campaign next season in the Nigeria National League (NNL) with a trip to Nigeria Prison FC in Abuja on January 25.
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State