Estimated Reading Time: <1
Anyim, while unveiling the flag in Abuja, said that the centenary was based on the unity and progress the country had recorded.
The unveiling of the flag was the formal presentation of the centenary flag by the National Orientation Agency (NOA) to the SGF.
The flag was designed by the NOA in partnership with a private organisation.
He said that the centenary flag, which he described as the symbol of unity, provided Nigerians the opportunity to reaffirm their faith in the country.
The SGF said the symbol and signs that represented the country had a lot to tell about what the country stood for, noting that the national flag had become the unifying factor in the country.
“This flag should not only serve the purpose of centenary, but it should remain as a symbol of our unity even for years to come,” the SGF said.
Anyim said the centenary should be made an indelible event in the history of the country, and urged Nigerians to hold it dearly and make sure it succeeded.
He added that it would spur all Nigerians to build a more prosperous country, saying the country would remain an indivisible entity.
The NOA Director-General, Mr Mike Omeri, said the country could only be defined by its symbols as they served as clarion call for Nigerians to identify with.
Omeri said the symbol of any country should engender the spirit of patriotism because the centenary flag symbolised a new Nigeria making steady progress.
He commended the SGF for his untiring effort at re-awakening the consciousness of Nigerians toward the centenary.
Omeri called on Nigerians to celebrate their symbol, adding that there was no other country they could call theirs except Nigeria.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability