Estimated Reading Time: <1
About 20 gunmen attacked bureau de change shops in the market, killing and injuring about 10 people while they stole an undisclosed amount of local and foreign currencies.
Martins confirmed that the soldiers caught up with the escaping criminals near Digil village in Mubi, where a shoot-out ensued, leading to the killing of the 12 insurgents.
He said some amount of money and weapons were recovered from them.
This is the second time within the year that the market will experience such attacks on the bureau de change section of the market.
On each of the occasions, the army succeeded in arresting some of the gunmen.
Some residents of Mubi who spoke on the situation, commended the army for the effort.
“They deserve commendation and sustained support and cooperation of the public to enable them to continue the good job,” the residents of the commercial border town said.
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State