Estimated Reading Time: <1
Golden Eaglets star, Kelechi Iheanacho has been granted permission to leave the CHAN Super Eagles camp in Abuja to enable him finalise a move to English giants, Manchester City.
The young midfielder was released to his representatives after his family put in a call to the Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi asking that Iheanacho be permitted to exit camp to make a quick trip to England where he is expected to sign for City.
“Initially a young man came declaring that he was the agent of Iheanacho, but I declined to deal with him until I hear from the family because the boy is still a minor,” Keshi said.
“It was soon after my rejection that I got a call from his father who told me that they have gotten travelling visa to the United Kingdom and that I should oblige him with his son’s release.
“I did and told the young man to go and do the nation proud at whichever club he finally chooses to settle down with.”
Keshi acknowledged the great potentials of Kelechi but warned against piling too much pressure on the FIFA U-17 World Cup’s Most Valuable Player.
The Super Eagles coach advised Iheanacho’s representatives to handle the career of the youngster gently and professionally.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability