Estimated Reading Time: <1The Delta State House of Assembly on Tuesday recalled its suspended lawmaker, Mr Edoja Akpodiete, representing Ughelli North I State Constituency.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Akpodiete was suspended on Sept. 26 over alleged gross misconduct, for a period of six months.
The recall of the lawmaker followed a motion moved by the Deputy Majority Leader of the House, Mr Johnson Erijo.
Erijo said that the lawmaker had shown some signs of remorse, adding that “he has also demonstrated that he is thoroughly remorseful for his actions, having realised his mistakes and also in the spirit of the yuletide season’’.
The motion, which was unanimously supported, was seconded by Mr Efe Ofobruku, representing Uvwie constituency in the House.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis