Estimated Reading Time: <1The Delta State House of Assembly on Tuesday recalled its suspended lawmaker, Mr Edoja Akpodiete, representing Ughelli North I State Constituency.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Akpodiete was suspended on Sept. 26 over alleged gross misconduct, for a period of six months.
The recall of the lawmaker followed a motion moved by the Deputy Majority Leader of the House, Mr Johnson Erijo.
Erijo said that the lawmaker had shown some signs of remorse, adding that “he has also demonstrated that he is thoroughly remorseful for his actions, having realised his mistakes and also in the spirit of the yuletide season’’.
The motion, which was unanimously supported, was seconded by Mr Efe Ofobruku, representing Uvwie constituency in the House.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report