Estimated Reading Time: <1Beyoncé has already shocked the music industry with the stealth release of her namesake album, but she now boasts bragging rights for most albums sold in a debut week on iTunes, TIME Magazine reports.
She sold 828,773 copies of Beyoncé in the first three days it was available, breaking an iTunes record for most albums sold in the first week of release, Apple announced Monday.
The pop queen kept her album secret until its midnight debut on Dec. 13 — a departure from the typical practice of releasing an album on Tuesday to allow a full week of sales.
But Beyoncé dismissed all traditions of a typical release, creating a “visual album” which featured 14 new tracks and 17 dazzling videos filmed from Paris to Rio de Janeiro. The album sits comfortably at No. 1 in 104 countries and also landed Beyoncé her biggest sales week ever.
Additional Content Credit, TIME
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami