Estimated Reading Time: <1Beyoncé has already shocked the music industry with the stealth release of her namesake album, but she now boasts bragging rights for most albums sold in a debut week on iTunes, TIME Magazine reports.
She sold 828,773 copies of Beyoncé in the first three days it was available, breaking an iTunes record for most albums sold in the first week of release, Apple announced Monday.
The pop queen kept her album secret until its midnight debut on Dec. 13 — a departure from the typical practice of releasing an album on Tuesday to allow a full week of sales.
But Beyoncé dismissed all traditions of a typical release, creating a “visual album” which featured 14 new tracks and 17 dazzling videos filmed from Paris to Rio de Janeiro. The album sits comfortably at No. 1 in 104 countries and also landed Beyoncé her biggest sales week ever.
Additional Content Credit, TIME
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students