Estimated Reading Time: <1
As the world mourns the passing of the late African and global icon, Nelson Mandela, Nigerian stars and other production partners, in collaboration with EbonyLife TV, Africa’s first Global Black Entertainment Network, have initiated and concluded plans for an unprecedented and star-studded tribute, titled “The Legacy Lives … A Tribute Concert”, in celebration of the extraordinary life and times of the legendary freedom fighter, nation builder, liberator, humanitarian, democrat, unity promoter, instrument of change, philanthropist, Nobel Peace Prize winner, the first democratically elected black South African President and an inspiration to leadership for the rest of the world.
Headline acts for the concert include Dbanj, Tuface, Darey, Burna Boy, Ikechukwu, Eldee the Don, Zaina, Mo Easy, Engager, Chioma, DJ Babus, Timi Dakolo, Waje, Julius Agwu, Mike Aremu, J. Martins, Niyola, Omawunmi, Tiwa Savage, Rocksteady, amongst others.
Production partners for the tribute include Beat FM, Eko Hotel, Maverick Equinox, Bella Naija, Red Media Africa, 360 Nobs, Linda Ikeji and Noel Productions. Behind the scene support will be provided by African Events, GQ Acoustics, No Surprises Events, Pisces Power, Edi Lawani, Prive, South African Airlines, Discovery Brands Management, Damell Photography and K-Square.
The commemorative event, which is scheduled to hold on December 18, 2013, at The Oceanview Restaurant, Victoria Island, Lagos, promises to be a very befitting and groundbreaking honour in memory of the extraordinary life and unselfish contributions of one of the greatest beacons of hope, inspiration and freedom to ever walk the surface of this earth.
According to Funmi Victor-Okigbo, Chief Executive Officer, No Surprises Events, “We’ll ensure that the event is orchestrated and executed to perfection according to world-class standards.”
She continues, “Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela lives on as a beacon of hope and a true icon of inspiration; a man of extraordinary vision who has left such a great legacy of humanity that Africans and the rest of the world must strive to aspire to. So we are indeed very proud to put this together. It’s a free concert for the expensive price of liberty paid for by the selfless Madiba. We made a call to the industry and we got really tremendous response. For all our music stars and partners, we cannot thank you all enough for your sacrifice, kindness and generosity, which themselves typify the spirit of ‘Ubuntu’, which is South African for humanity. God bless you all.”
There is already a groundswell of activity and anticipation about the event which already has everything it takes to go down into history as a major rallying point for the celebration of the life and legacy of the man, The Madiba.
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April