Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ogun State Police Command has revealed that one 26 years old, Kehinde Adejuwon has been arrested for having carnal knowledge of a two-year-old girl at Oja Odan in Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State.
Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Muyiwa Adejobi stated this in a statement in Abeokuta.
“The suspect was arrested by a team of detectives attached to Ayetoro Division of the command, led by the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Ayetoro, Superintendent of Police Gbola Adigun, when the father of the victim alerted the police
“The suspect, who confessed to the crime, regretted his actions but he will be made to face the wrath of the law as the offence he committed is condemned by the law of our land and Nigerian culture and tradition.
“The Commissioner of Police Ogun State, CP Ikemefuna Okoye, has ordered that the case be transferred to the Anti Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State CID, Eleweran, Abeokuta for necessary action.”
“The command will always wage war against such terrible individuals who are fond of engaging themselves in ungodly acts.
“We will always work hand in hand with relevant agencies to put and end to this menace. Enough is enough”, he concluded.
- Bandits attack military camp in Niger State
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna