Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ogun State Police Command has revealed that one 26 years old, Kehinde Adejuwon has been arrested for having carnal knowledge of a two-year-old girl at Oja Odan in Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State.
Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Muyiwa Adejobi stated this in a statement in Abeokuta.
“The suspect was arrested by a team of detectives attached to Ayetoro Division of the command, led by the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Ayetoro, Superintendent of Police Gbola Adigun, when the father of the victim alerted the police
“The suspect, who confessed to the crime, regretted his actions but he will be made to face the wrath of the law as the offence he committed is condemned by the law of our land and Nigerian culture and tradition.
“The Commissioner of Police Ogun State, CP Ikemefuna Okoye, has ordered that the case be transferred to the Anti Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State CID, Eleweran, Abeokuta for necessary action.”
“The command will always wage war against such terrible individuals who are fond of engaging themselves in ungodly acts.
“We will always work hand in hand with relevant agencies to put and end to this menace. Enough is enough”, he concluded.
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle