Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, has denied equating President Goodluck Jonathan with the late former President of South Africa, Mr. Nelson Mandela.
In a statement issued Monday by Okupe’s Head of Media in Abuja, Mr. Bamidele Salam, said it is clear that the authors of the false quotes are linked by the same desire to mislead innocent members through a consistent pattern of published falsehood to portray Okupe as an enemy.
The statement by Mr Okupe had gone viral on the various social media platforms, where he was quoted as saying that only Jonathan was in the position to be likened to Mandela in Nigeria, was an invention by some individuals whose motive he said was to mislead innocent users of the social media.
“There is no President in Nigeria that has sacrificed 13 hours to discuss with ASUU.”
Okupe was a guest on AIT programme, where he allegedly made the statement. He wondered how he could have spoken about a living Mandela as if he were dead and then compares him with any other person.
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home