Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, has denied equating President Goodluck Jonathan with the late former President of South Africa, Mr. Nelson Mandela.
In a statement issued Monday by Okupe’s Head of Media in Abuja, Mr. Bamidele Salam, said it is clear that the authors of the false quotes are linked by the same desire to mislead innocent members through a consistent pattern of published falsehood to portray Okupe as an enemy.
The statement by Mr Okupe had gone viral on the various social media platforms, where he was quoted as saying that only Jonathan was in the position to be likened to Mandela in Nigeria, was an invention by some individuals whose motive he said was to mislead innocent users of the social media.
“There is no President in Nigeria that has sacrificed 13 hours to discuss with ASUU.”
Okupe was a guest on AIT programme, where he allegedly made the statement. He wondered how he could have spoken about a living Mandela as if he were dead and then compares him with any other person.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report